Happy Birthday To You

I'm glad you got your refund. I'm sorry Vinh's eye is bad.

I try not to publish negative things because I don't want to make it permanent, but I think it's important that I post things we don't get to talk about. I don't want to take up too much time, but here are some things I hope we can work on. It's a gift to us.

- Be fair. I often find you treat others differently. What I mean is you treat yourself and your family and your friends differently than you treat me, my family and my friends. I just don't think that's right. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure you wouldn't like it. Also see that what bothers you about Vinh is what bothers me about you. The only difference is that he's a kid, you're an adult. You should know and do better. (i.e. you yell at him for not listening, yet you don't listen to me...)

- Be thankful for all that you have and the wonderful life and husband and kid you have. I know you don't have time and energy to do a lot. That's all the more reason you should be thankful for all that we do. I appreciate that you teach and take care of Vinh when you can. 

- Be better. Believing that you can't change or don't need to change means you're not growing. If you're not growing, what's the point of living. We all have so many things we don't know and haven't done. Don't stop yourself before you start. When Vinh does this, you get frustrated, so when you do it, I get frustrated. 

I appreciate all you do. I wish you could do more, but you're not me and you have your own priorities. It's never too late to improve. I'm working towards being better. You compliment Han's parents for their efforts. Stop envying and acknowledging others and start making yourself enviable by others. 

I had a lot more I wanted to say, but I guess it can wait. It's been a long day and it will be a longer day tomorrow. I really hope you don't take this post as a negative. I hope you believe that if I didn't care, I wouldn't say anything. I want our relationship to be the best it can be, but it means we both have to contribute. You may not be able to contribute time, but you can contribute effort and in other ways. ATEN!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chuck Mong Nam Mui

Where Do We Go From Here?

“Vacation”